Thursday, October 31, 2013

News

The past week as been a bit mouvemente (I have no accents on this keyboard so just pretend there is an accent on the last e).  First of all, I started teaching at Mohammedia on Tuesday.  Mohammedia is a small beach city beween Rabat and Casablanca.  Once you step outside of the train station, you feel the easy sway of the beach culture everywhere around you-much like Agadir.  While Agadir is bigger, and has orange taxis, Mohammedia's taxis are a refreshing mint green.

The ENSA is an Engineering University with a small campus and small classes.  The students are competent francophones with a strong desire to learn and practice their English.  I taught a Master's class in lieu of my second year students since they did not know that they would have class on Tuesday. Tomorrow I should be teaching my students, which I am excited about!

In addition to teaching, I have been getting my bearings in Rabat.  Apartment hunting has been an extreme adventure.  I have seen many apartments, all of which come with side stories, gossip about crazy neighbors, along with copious amounts of juice, coffee or tea.  I still haven't found what I want but I do have some killer stories of apartments gone wrong.

Staying with Jessica and Sophie has been an amazing experience.  Both of them are serious foodies and have taught me tons about healthy cooking, places to shop in the souk, places to avoid, in addition to many stories about Moroccan bros.  Yes, there are even bro-ey (is that a word??) ways to speak Darija.  

No comments:

Post a Comment