Monday, October 7, 2013

Agadir...first impressions

Although I already blogged today, I feel like one good turn deserves another.

Today was my first full day in Agadir and what a day it was! I woke up this morning to Renda's bustling house where everyone was getting ready to go to work.  I meandered to the kitchen, made coffee and walked up to the roof to examine my city in the light of day.  I could see the beach and mountains...ahhhh San Diego.

After a relatively relaxing morning full of bonding time with the internet, I moved my things over to my temporary abode.  I made a new friend and had lunch with Kbira and Asma, who both attend Master's programs at Ibn Zohr University, where I will be teaching.  After that, we went to the university so I could meet the head of the department.  I also finally got my schedule of classes:

Wednesday 2-4 & 4-6 Paragraphs & Precis (Summaries) - Semester 1 students
Friday 2-4 & 4-6 Advanced Grammar - Semester 3 students

I am happy with the fact that I have 3 day weekends, which means lots of travelling.  In addition to my teaching duties, I plan on getting certified for the DALF which would allow me to teach French :)

No comments:

Post a Comment