Thursday, September 19, 2013

Why 300 Sunsets?

So I wanted to explain the context of this blog. I decided that I wanted to write about my experiences in Agadir.  Putting it simply, I wanted to go watch the sunset every day.  Sunset has always been such a delightful part of my routines in France and Tunisia and I wanted to continue that personal tradition.  To that end, our Fulbright grant is for a period of 10 months, roughly 300 days, each with a sun setting on the Atlantic Ocean or Mediterranean Sea - neither of which is shabby.  From our scenic vantage point on the roof of the riad, you can watch the sunset in the Bouregreg river that separates Sale and Rabat.  I have been fortunate to catch the majority of our Moroccan sunsets there.

That all changes Saturday.  Saturday is D Day around here.  Many people will be off to various cities: Er Rachidia, Tetouan, Ourzazate, Casablanca, El Jadida, etc. I will be staying in Rabat over the weekend so that I can take care of renewing my passport at the beginning of next week.  Because Agadir is a 9 bus ride (8 hour train + bus ride) it would be a hassle for me to do it at another time.  So, I will get to experience a bit more of Casa when I visit the consulate on Monday & Tuesday.  Wednesday, I will finally go to Agadir.




No comments:

Post a Comment